users@glassfish.java.net

Re: GF Deployment and OSGi Management (RFC-139)

From: Sahoo <Sahoo_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 17:17:32 +0530

Miro,

GlassFish supports JSR-77 [1]. In addition to those management
functions, GlassFish has a rich management API implemented using JMX. It
is called AppServer Management Extension (AMX) [2]. We have not thought
about integration of RFC-139 with GlassFish. My thinking is when the
underlying OSGi platform supports it, it will be automatocally exposed
to end user. There are some JMX mbeans implemented in Felix, but I
don't think they have been released yet and I don't know how long it
will take for Felix to implement RFC-139. What exactly are you looking for?

Thanks,
Sahoo

[1] J2EE Management Spec: http://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=77
[2] https://glassfish.dev.java.net/javaee5/amx/