users@glassfish.java.net

Re: GlassFish CLI and RFC-132 (OSGi CLI)

From: Sahoo <Sahoo_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 16:49:06 +0530

Miro,

GF CLI predates OSGi CLI specification, so I doubt it will be compatible
with that. GF CLI has its own way of adding/discovering/processing of
commands. There is also plan for a shell. I am copying Kedar who should
be able to throw more light on the proposed GlassFish shell.

We are thinking of exposing the OSGi CLI via GF CLI. e.g., one possible
option may be to have a command called "asadmin osgi-shell" to gain
access to the underlying OSGi shell. What is not clear at this point is
which OSGi framework does the shell talk to? As you know, in a clustered
environment, asadmin can control a number of instances, but there is no
such thing called "OSGi framework cluster." We can take an GlassFish
instance id as the input in osgi-shell command and use that to connect
to the appropriate framework instance. In the absence of any such input,
the shell can talk to DAS (domain admin server). Actually, this question
is applicable to most of the OSGi related commands that we want to
implement in GF CLI and we will have to deal with them when we reach
there. Your feedback is welcome.

Thanks,
Sahoo