users@glassfish.java.net

Re: GF Deployment and OSGi Management (RFC-139)

From: Lloyd Chambers <Lloyd.Chambers_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 11:05:13 -0800

Thanks Sahoo.

GlassFish V3 *will* have JSR 77 support, but not there yet. The
pointer Sahoo supplied to AMX is for V2; in V3 the AMX MBeans are an
open system:
https://glassfish.dev.java.net/nonav/v3/admin/planning/V3Changes/V3_AMX_SPI.html

Any MBean may of course be loaded into the V3 runtime, but MBeans that
conform to the AMX specification will be more useful in terms of
consistency, and management support.

Lloyd

Lloyd Chambers
GlassFish team, LSARC member