users@glassfish.java.net

EJBs not always injected properly in servlets on Macintosh and Glassfish2.1

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 11:35:46 PST

I have a very strange problem. I have complex website built with GWT. We use Java EE. In our servlets we have injected EJB-s.

I am using a Macbook Pro for development. The project is built for Java 6 and Glassfish is also running Java 6.

The strange behaviour is, that if the project (ear) is deployed for the first time on GlassFish everything works perfect, all EJB-s in all of the servlets are injected properly.
But for the second publish, things go wrong. In some servlets the EJB-s are injected, in other sevlets they are not. I can't even figure out if there is a pattern, it seams that it is random, which servlet has initialized EJB-s.

Did anyone have the similar problem before? It really seams like a GlassFish bug on Mac Java.

I can also write out in the overidden init() method of the servlet if the EJB-s are initialized. I'll try to init them by hand, but that is not a very nice solution, as they should work out of the box.

Any help will be appreciated a lot!

Thanks in advance!

- Istvan
[Message sent by forum member 'szobi' (szobi)]