users@glassfish.java.net

Re: EJB timer service can not automatically migration

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 21:39:20 PST

I think this is a very good question. I do not know where the automatic failover is done.
Is that done by the DAS server???
If the DAS server is down where is then the failover performed? We must be sure not to have a single point of failure in our system. If the DAS is single point of failure then the EJB timer is not feasable.

I had a look at Quartz that can be performed from a Servlet.
Is there somebody who has experience with Quartz vs EJB Timer on GlassFishV2?
Where can I find more information about automatic failover of the EJB Timer in GlassFish?

Thanks
Jelte
p.s. I cannot use GlassFishV3 since it is still prelude.
[Message sent by forum member 'jeltejansons' (jeltejansons)]