users@glassfish.java.net

Re: asadmin start-node-agent timesout after 15 mins

From: <Satyajit.Tripathi_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 11:21:02 +0530

Dear Victor, Luca,

I do not have a Linux system with me right now, so unable to test the
use case. I should be getting a system soon to test this case on Linux.

One of the suspects here is the authentication between the entities, DAS
and the node-agent, while starting the node-agent. Can you reverify the
password you are providing for the admin and the master.

Default password for admin is 'adminadmin' and master is 'changeit'.

--------------------------------
asadmin> start-node-agent n1
Please enter the admin user name>admin
Please enter the admin password>
Please enter the master password [Enter to accept the default]:>
--------------------------------

The other thing to check would be if there are any hostnames, assigned
or taken by default from network, to those system. Also if those systems
are able to access each other using the hostname(s). You have confirmed
that there is no firewall between the two aforementioned entities.

Let me know your findings.

If you would need a quick reference, please see the Presentation :
*GlassFish-V2-Clustering-Simplified.pdf*
<http://blogs.sun.com/stripathi/resource/Preso/GlassFishv2Clustering.pdf>

Thanks & regards
--Satya