users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Performance T1000 vs Intel

From: Jacob Kessler <Jacob.Kessler_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 11:27:04 -0800

T1000s have four threads per core, so you'll actually want one worker
thread per thread, assuming you do no database calling at all. If you do
do database access, you'll want more. The second paragraph of "Tune the
HTTP threads" covers that: I'd start at 24 and increase them until you
don't see any performance improvement (and CPU usage stays at full under
load).