users@glassfish.java.net

Management Rule - Log event : how to get triggered by ALL loggers (v2)

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 07:25:59 PST

We are migrating from Glassfish v1 to Glassfish v2.1.
While the migration of the application was no problem, we can't use our custom MBean/Management Rule combination any more.

The requirement: We want to receive emails from the glassfish on any log event with a log level higher than a given threshold.

We have an MBean that sends mails, which is invoced by a Management Rule.
The Management Rule uses the event type "log" and is triggered by any log message with level WARNING or higher.
The Glassfish v1 admin console allowed to select multiple logger names or even all loggers ("*") to watch. That's what we need.
Unfortunately Glassfish v2 allows to select only one single logger name (from a select box filled with a LOT of loggers).
We tried the logger name "global", but that did not seem to work.

Does anybody know how to get the needed behaviour from Glassfish v.2.1 ?
[Message sent by forum member 'steynbergh' (steynbergh)]