users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Dependency injection does not work

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 07:22:32 PST

The version is correct.
It happens randomly, some injection work than suddently they stop working. I have to redeploy in order to have them work again, but this does not happen always.
I even got a ThreadDeath once and I had to restart the application server.

It seems to work if from the servlet I use the JNDI explicit call like this:

try {
   Context c = new InitialContext();
   return (GruppiSession) c.lookup("java:comp/env/GruppiSessionBean");
} catch (NamingException ne) {
throw new RuntimeException(ne);
}

I am using Kubuntu, jvm 1.6.0_11 with server jvm.
Glassfish 2.0 update 2

If I try Glassfish 2.1 I have some trouble using my database, PostgreSQL. It loads some strange values in the serial primary key ...

What is the best configuration in order to use Glassfish ?
[Message sent by forum member 'paoloproni' (paoloproni)]