users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Jersey Samples

From: Paul Sandoz <Paul.Sandoz_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 14:08:51 +0100

On Jan 28, 2009, at 1:50 PM, glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:

> Hi Paul,
>
> Those examples are for Maven 2 and Glassfish V3.
>
> My Glassfish is v2ur2 version and I have Maven 1.0.2,
> so I have to build the examples building the correct tree
> with the artifacts.
>
> That is what I was meaning when I asked you for the
> structure of the application.
>
> Thnks for the new URL to all the examples.
>
> Will you show me the structure (tree) of the
> bookstore web app?

What do you mean by "structure (tree)" ?

I am not sure what i can tell you beyond unzipping the bookstore
sample zip file, looking at the code, and playing with it by running
within the embedded GF server as described in the README.html

It is really easy, just download maven 2.0.9, and then do:

   mvn glassish:run

or do:

  mvn clean install

and then look at the war file that is generated.

If it helps matters here is the following from doing "jar ft
bookstore.war":

META-INF/
META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
com/
com/sun/
com/sun/jersey/
com/sun/jersey/samples/
com/sun/jersey/samples/bookstore/
com/sun/jersey/samples/bookstore/resources/
com/sun/jersey/samples/bookstore/resources/Book/
com/sun/jersey/samples/bookstore/resources/Bookstore/
com/sun/jersey/samples/bookstore/resources/CD/
com/sun/jersey/samples/bookstore/resources/Item/
com/sun/jersey/samples/bookstore/resources/Track/
WEB-INF/
WEB-INF/classes/
WEB-INF/classes/com/
WEB-INF/classes/com/sun/
WEB-INF/classes/com/sun/jersey/
WEB-INF/classes/com/sun/jersey/samples/
WEB-INF/classes/com/sun/jersey/samples/bookstore/
WEB-INF/classes/com/sun/jersey/samples/bookstore/resources/
WEB-INF/lib/
com/sun/jersey/samples/bookstore/resources/Book/index.jsp
com/sun/jersey/samples/bookstore/resources/Bookstore/count.jsp
com/sun/jersey/samples/bookstore/resources/Bookstore/index.jsp
com/sun/jersey/samples/bookstore/resources/Bookstore/time.jsp
com/sun/jersey/samples/bookstore/resources/CD/index.jsp
com/sun/jersey/samples/bookstore/resources/Item/footer.jsp
com/sun/jersey/samples/bookstore/resources/Track/index.jsp
help.jsp
META-INF/context.xml
WEB-INF/classes/com/sun/jersey/samples/bookstore/resources/Book.class
WEB-INF/classes/com/sun/jersey/samples/bookstore/resources/
Bookstore.class
WEB-INF/classes/com/sun/jersey/samples/bookstore/resources/CD.class
WEB-INF/classes/com/sun/jersey/samples/bookstore/resources/Item.class
WEB-INF/classes/com/sun/jersey/samples/bookstore/resources/Track.class
WEB-INF/lib/asm-3.1.jar
WEB-INF/lib/jersey-core-1.0.2-SNAPSHOT.jar
WEB-INF/lib/jersey-server-1.0.2-SNAPSHOT.jar
WEB-INF/lib/jsr311-api-1.0.jar
WEB-INF/lib/jstl-1.1.2.jar
WEB-INF/lib/standard-1.1.2.jar
WEB-INF/sun-web.xml
WEB-INF/web.xml
META-INF/maven/
META-INF/maven/com.sun.jersey.samples/
META-INF/maven/com.sun.jersey.samples/bookstore/
META-INF/maven/com.sun.jersey.samples/bookstore/pom.xml
META-INF/maven/com.sun.jersey.samples/bookstore/pom.properties

Paul.