users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Accessing EJB in different EAR?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 04:53:13 PST

>1. ABSession has to be a remote business interface, for local EJBs are
>only accessible from components within the same ear.

OK, both SLSBs provide a remote interface. I forgot to mention this earlier.

>2. Package the client view classes (ABSession and its dependencies in
>your case) in the client ear file.

I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean. The problem is not (yet) that my client can't access either of these SLSBs, but rather that I can't deploy XYSessionBean. Do you mean that both should reside in a common EAR? This is not what I'm trying to achieve. I'd like to be able to deploy theses two components individually, each in their individual EAR. What would be the necessary steps (configuration options, lookup, etc.) to achieve this?

Thanks

Michael
[Message sent by forum member 'mschwind' (mschwind)]