users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Can not start glassfish v3 prelaude in debug mode

From: Sarah kho <sarah.kho_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 03:12:28 +0330

I am sorry, I shuold have provided more information. I want to use the
prelude version with IDEA 8.01 and here are steps which result in the
problem:

1- When I run my application in IDEA, IDEA start glassfish using *asadmin
start-domain domain1* and it works fine.

2- when I start glassfish using *asadmin start-domain --debug domain1* it
works fine. but I do it out of the IDE.

I read this weblg:
http://weblogs.javahispano.org/lasterra/entry/glassfish_debug_with_intellij_ideaand
learned some stuff about debugging glassfish based web applications in
IDEA and I tried to use its method for my own development environemtn. the
weblog is about remote debugging but I want to have local debugging and not
remote debugging. based on the weblog i tried the following:

3-When I open the administration conosle and select the debug checkbox in
Application Server> JVM settings>general tab IDEA can not start glassfish
and therefore i can not debug my application.

If I am wrong with the whole process, please let me know. I want to use
glassfish and debug my application localy instead of using remote debuggin.

Any help is really welcome.

thanks