users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Can not start glassfish v3 prelaude in debug mode

From: NBW <emailnbw_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 22:02:55 -0500

This isn't really a Glassfish question per se, more an IDEA project settings
issue. A useful resource is the IDEA community forums here:

http://www.jetbrains.net/devnet/community/idea?view=discussions

They main IntelliJ community page is here:

http://www.jetbrains.net/devnet/index.jspa

I use IDEA 8.01 on a daily basis with Glassfish v2 and have both local and
remote debugging profiles that work great. I have not tried it with v3
prelude at all and if any of the asadmin command have changed it's quite
possible that you will need to wait for IDEA to be updated to support them.
I would try searching the forum 1st and posting your question there if you
don't find it already answered. In the event it isn't yet supported you can
search their JIRA bug database (linked from the community site) and file an
RFE. They are quite responsive. I've had several issues in the past resolved
in a timely fashion that way.

Good luck and feel free to let me know what you find out, though I don't
expect to be spending a lot of time with v3 anytime soon.