users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish on FreeBSD for production use

From: Eduardo Pelegri-Llopart <pelegri_at_sun.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 14:29:30 -0800

Hi Martijn.

GlassFish is very portable and it runs in _many_ platforms, and Sun
supports it officially in quite a number of them, some using Sun's JVM,
some using IBM's JVM. FreeBSD is not one of Sun's supported platforms
but GF should run fine there; IIRC, the first report was back in 2006,
see [1]
[1]http://blogs.sun.com/theaquarium/tags/freebsd

If you need formal support, we will always consider adding a new
supported platform but we need some commercial justification to do that.
  Alternatively, we might be able to find a smaller SI that can give you
support for your platform.

Let me know if I can help.

        - eduard/o