users@glassfish.java.net

Glassfish on FreeBSD for production use

From: Martijn S <martijn_at_bluerail.nl>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 05:49:55 -0800 (PST)

Hello everybody,

I want to start deploying an application on serveral locations using
Glassfish V2. All of our twenty-something servers run FreeBSD, so I'd prefer
to use it for this new application. However I'm not sure if this is a good
idea.

Am I right in thinking 'a JVM = a JVM' and that Glassfish should work fine
once I have it running, or can I expect to experience problems? I really
like Glassfish, but I'd really like to stick to FreeBSD, too. There's not
much information to be found on the subject on-line.

Your input is appreciated!

Regards,

Martijn