users@glassfish.java.net

GlassFish on Windows Server 2008

From: Ryan de Laplante <ryan_at_ijws.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 02:06:19 -0500

Hi,

We are one of the unlucky customers suffering from this problem on
Windows 2003 Server:

> Win2003 only: Non-paged pool leak memory, breaking tcp stack and
> richaccess test (6575349)
>

> Description
>
> *(Windows 2003 only)* There are memory leaks on Windows 2003 systems
> when performing rich access functions. The problem occurs because the
> Win32 nonpaged pool keeps growing, eventually bringing down the entire
> TCP/IP stack. Once the failure happens, the TCP/IP stack is left in an
> recoverable state, and the only way restore it is by rebooting the
> Windows 2003 system.
>

> Workaround
>
> There are two workarounds to this issue:
>
> *
>
> Use Grizzly blocking mode by configuring the domain.xml
> http-listener attribute, blocking-enabled="true" or add the
> following http-listener property:
>

> <property name="blocking" value="true"/>
>
> *
>
> Use Windows Vista or Windows XP.

I noticed that GlassFish V2.1 is certified for use on Windows 2008
server. Does that mean Sun and Microsoft have confirmed that the
problem does not exist on Windows 2008? If so, they must have found the
source of the problem and created a patch for Windows 2003?

Thanks,
Ryan