users@glassfish.java.net

Re: MDB properties followup

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 12:31:27 PST

> New day, new question :-)

Fair enough :-)

> I have setup some env-entry's in my EJB (source +
> ejb-jar.xml).
>
> The EJB2.1 spec says in s20.2.4 that the container
> shall "Provide a deployment tool that allows the
> Deployer to set and modify the values of the
> enterprise bean’s environment entries.".
>
> What is this in GF?
>
> In this particular case, the EJB is packaged inside
> an EAR, and I really don't want to have to edit the
> EJB's ejb-jar.xml file - is there an EAR file I can
> add/edit to set these values at deployment? There is
> nothing obvious (to me) in application.xml for this.

In terms of the standard deployment descriptors, ejb-jar.xml is the
only place. If you don't want to edit the .xml directly your best bet
is the NetBeans+Glassfish bundle. The final release of Glassfish
v3 will also include a way to edit env-entries from the admin tool.
See Deploy-007 in http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=V3DeploymentImprovements.
[Message sent by forum member 'ksak' (ksak)]