users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Missing ClientAbortException on small responses

From: Jeanfrancois Arcand <Jeanfrancois.Arcand_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 10:54:46 -0400

Salut,

paab_at_mbricks.no wrote:
> I need to know whether the response created is received by the client. If the
> client for some reason drops the connection during the write back process I
> was excepting a ClientAbortException, but this do not occur for all

No necessarily. The ClientAbortException occurs when the server is in
the process of writing the response, but the client close the
connection. If the server was able to write the bytes inside OS buffer,
and then the client close the connection, you will not see the exception.

Can you turn the webcontainer log level to high and see if you get more
ClientAbortException? I doubt, but just in case.

A+

-- Jeanfrancois