users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Standalone, x-platform asadmin CLI possible?

From: Kedar Mhaswade <Kedar.Mhaswade_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 13:53:21 -0700

What you really need is an admin-client-only install of GlassFish, which is
not there. Ideally, for *remote* asadmin commands (e.g. the one that you
cite) there are few things from asenv that it needs, it is more importantly
the class files that are needed by asadmin to function properly.

The other thing you'll need to do it to segregate the libraries needed by
asadmin (which contains jars like appserv-rt.jar and appserv-admin.jar).
This is probably not difficult, but since these jars are large, I am not
sure if you are saving anything while going through the pain.

What are your basic reservations against having an SJSAS/GF installation
just for asadmin's sake? Size?

Thanks,
Kedar