users@glassfish.java.net

Standalone, x-platform asadmin CLI possible?

From: Alex Sherwin <alex.sherwin_at_acadiasoft.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 15:45:11 -0400

I'm working on making deployment of some proprietary applications as easy as
possible.
The last major thing I would like to overcome if possible is the requirement
to have a local copy of SJSAS/glassfish installed to use asadmin. I looked
at how asadmin.bat or .sh is invoked, and it seems feasible to be able to
pull that out and satisfy the dependencies for the classpath by grabbing the
appropriate libs, but it does invoke asenv.bat or .sh; which is generated
per-system with some absolute paths.

The only thing it would be used for it invoking commands in a remote
fashion, such as "asadmin --host xx --port xx create-jdbc-resource ..." etc.

I've poked around on Google a bit and haven't come up with anything
regarding a standalone asadmin CLI.

Is this feasible, or just a waste of my time to persue it?

--
Alexander Sherwin