users@glassfish.java.net

Re: OpenID for Web Apps?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 12:50:37 PDT

Hi Ralph,

I updated the sam src in the open sso repository such that the Base64Helper is self contained, and I improved the token processing code of the AssociationManager to deal with openid "extensions (presumably for info card, or perhaps for 2.0) that were added some time after the POC was developed.

The problem with the identity page parsing still exists, but I thought I leave that to Raghu, you and Kumar, to determine what the best strategy is for parsing the identity page. Maybe the "GET" of the page can establish the expected return content type.

In any event, with the checked in changes, I was able to successfully configure the SAM and use it to process the auth-constraints of a sample web application. To do this, I had to work around the identity page parsing problem; for which you have provided a solution for (in OpenIDServerAuthModule)...

so I think you should be able to take the 2 pieces I just checked in and use them in combination with your SAM (which can parse the identity page).

thanks, and please continue to let us know how the status of your work with this. Kumar and I are discussing procedure for enabling other committers, so please bear with us until we sort that out.

Ron

ps: please beware that this SAM is still in an experimental state, and should most certainly NOT be presumed to be safe for anything by proof-of-concept work.
[Message sent by forum member 'monzillo' (monzillo)]