users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Can't access site on GlassFish outside localhost

From: xlinuks <xlinuks_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 00:47:28 -0700 (PDT)

I'm developing a site and I access it through localhost:8080 for testing
purposes (works fine).
Now I'd like some guys (from the internet) to take a look at it so I thought
they could have a look at it
if I send them my IP addres + ":8080", it did the trick back in the times
when I was
using tomcat.
So I'm basically asking whether there's some restriction by default on
Glassfish
that I should disable so that people from the internet can visit the site
(by my external IP, which is now 86.106.250.190).
The connection was DHCP but my ISP decided to make my DHCP modem run in some
router mode, I'm not sure what that means, so I don't know who's fault that
is, here's a screenshot of my internet settings:

http://xlinuks.googlepages.com/myip.jpeg