users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Can't access site on GlassFish outside localhost

From: Kristian Rink <lists_at_zimmer428.net>
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2008 09:11:31 +0200

xlinuks schrieb:
[...]
> does anyone know why people outside localhost can't access my site?
> I removed the ufw and rebooted, still I can access my site only by
> localhost:8080, not by my external IP:8080, does anyone know what's the
> matter?

What does "outside localhost" respectively "external IP" mean in your
context? Are we talking about some kind of LAN, or do you want other people
somewhere on "the internet" to be able to access your site? If the latter,
how are you connected to the internet? Some hardware router / DSL modem in
between you and the rest of the world eventually? Last of all, what does
"can't access my site" exactly mean? Do they get an error message? If so,
which one? :)

Cheers & all the best,
Kristian

--