users@glassfish.java.net

Re: How to configure JDBC-ODBC driver as a JDBC resource?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2008 15:14:06 PDT

Hi, I am having a problem getting my connection setup as well. Running it as an application I have no problem.

I am trying to run a java program as a service and the service writes to a mySQL database. I get the following error when running as a service. I am using JavaService to setup the service in XP.

java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

Please let me know if i'm posting this in the wrong forum. Any help would be appreciated.
[Message sent by forum member 'balboon' (balboon)]