users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Monitor Application

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2008 15:19:12 PDT

What is not clear from the original email is what was meant by "performance and availability".

When folks typically ask ask about performance, they're talking about runtime performance and how "it's slow and how can I fix it" rather than "I'd like to know in general what my processing load is in messages per second" or whatever.

Sounds to me like that's what is wanted here, yes? As in "I would like some needles and gauges to help me understand the general health of my infrastructure". Instead of "what method is consuming all of my CPU time" kind of typical profiler questions.

Is that more of what you were looking for Pete?

I too would be interested in some discussion about the features built in to the container to help facilitate such monitoring and how they are used.
[Message sent by forum member 'whartung' (whartung)]