users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Single sign on across web modules within the same EAR

From: Jan Luehe <Jan.Luehe_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2008 09:41:19 -0700

On 10/ 6/08 01:42 AM, glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a J2EE 1.4 enterprise application containing 3 web modules:
> - web module "web1" uses FORM authentication
> - web module "web2" uses BASIC authentication
> - web module "web3" uses BASIC authentication
>
> Under SJSAS 9.0.1p4 the application allows a user authenticated in any of the web modules to the switch to a different web module without the need of re-authetication. This means that a user correctly authenticated using web module "web1" and clicking on a link to web module "web2" is not prompted for a password.
>
> We are migrating to SJSAS 9.1p1 and single sign on no longer works across web modules. This means that a user correctly authenticated using web module "web1" and clicking on a link to web module "web2" is prompted for a password.
>
> Does anyone know how to solve this issue?

Are you using the developer profile?

Notice that for this profile, SSO has been disabled by default.

In order to enable it, you must add this property to the
<virtual-server> named "server"
(assuming this is the virtual server to which your webapps have been
deployed):

  <property name="sso-enabled" value="true"/>

or, if this property already exists, change its value from "false" to
"true".

Also, please use the webtier_at_glassfish.dev.java.net alias for any
GlassFish webtier
related questions going forward.

Thanks!

Jan