users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish started bombing out after running asadmin

From: Wolfram Rittmeyer <w.rittmeyer_at_jsptutorial.org>
Date: Sun, 05 Oct 2008 13:39:13 +0200

glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:
> I got it working again. I'm still having trouble working through the weaknesses and ambiguities of Mac OS X. The following command worked:
> sudo /Applications/NetBeans/glassfish-v2ur2/bin/asadmin start-domain domain1
>
> Note, going to asadmin prompt (asadmin>) does not work for this same command set (doesn't allow sudo).
> [Message sent by forum member 'smacky311' (smacky311)]

If you have installed Glassfish as a normal user no sudo is needed. If
you installed Glassfish using sudo you of course have to run asadmin
using sudo as well. Afterwards you should not experience any trouble at
the asadmin command prompt.

It is not recommendable to run Glassfish as root though. I suggest to
install Glassfish as a normal user. It is easier to use on development
machines and safer in production environments.

--
Wolfram Rittmeyer