users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish web start application client connection settings

From: Dick Davies <rasputnik_at_hellooperator.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 14:58:15 +0100

On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 2:55 PM, <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org> wrote:
> I'm having a lot of trouble getting an application client to work correctly being served via web start with Glassfish v2ur2 behind an Apache web server serving as reverse proxy. Glassfish seems to be ignoring all my attempts to tell the client where to connect to, and it's impossible to find any decent documentation about the Glassfish application client web start mechanism.
>
> Hopefully someone here can help me answer these questions:

I know nothing about jnlp but I have used apache mod_proxy with other
services and seen similar problems.

> * How can I make Glassfish include the correct protocol, host name and port number in the JNLP file it generates? (It's putting in http://localhost:8080/, which is obviously useless. It should be https://www.supplierdna.com/.)

Is that what apache is proxying to? Apache will be resetting the
host:port headers on the proxy
requests its making, try setting something like

RequestHeader set X_FORWARDED_PROTO 'https'
RequestHeader set Host supplierdna.com

and so on.

--
Rasputnik :: Jack of All Trades - Master of Nuns
http://number9.hellooperator.net/