users@glassfish.java.net

RE: Glassfish web start application client connection settings

From: Alex Sherwin <alex.sherwin_at_acadiasoft.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 10:00:40 -0400

Can you write your own jnlp? I write my own and serve it with GlassFish, specs are here for 1.5.0:

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/javaws/developersguide/contents.html

All you need is a jnlp file, and the web server serving it needs to have the mime-type registered (GlassFish appears to have this by default, the above referenced doc tells you how to add it to apache). Once you do this, linking to a jnlp should make the web server serve it to the client browser correctly, and its up to the client to have jnlp files associated with java web start

Alex Sherwin
alex.sherwin_at_acadiasoft.com