users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish loadbalancer breaks Sun Web server 7 with Java exception

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2008 01:46:51 PDT

Thanks very much for the reply Kshitiz.

I can see Ubuntu as being compatible but dont see debian probably (my guess) because the JAVA version available with Debian is 1.5.0_14 rather than 1.5.0_15 required by Sun Java web server 7.0. I have actually upgraded JAVA to the required versions from the Debian testing. Also only SJWS 7.0 update 3 seems to be available as tar.gz package and all other versions are available for Redhat based only (Linux versions). Just because i found a tar package for linux versions other than RPM based, i assumed the loadbalancing component should work and tried that for so long.

Also, i did check by setting the LD_LIBRARY_PATH and the ldd on libpassthrough.so and there were no undefined symbols when glassfish/lib/lbplugin/lib comes comes first in the path, but however when i try to start the web server instance, it fails with the Java exception.

But thanks very much for your reply. I might have to look at Apache for the loadbalancing and also keep my plans on hold on using HA, just because i'm on Debian.

In the mean time, if anyone have any views on this, please dont hesitate to reply.
[Message sent by forum member 'neo_praveen83' (neo_praveen83)]