users@glassfish.java.net

Re: (mod_jk?) ClientAbortException again.

From: Kristian Rink <kawazu_at_zimmer428.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 07:54:29 +0200

Salut Jeanfrancois;

and first off, thanks a load for your feedback on that. At the moment I
am trying to convince our customers these issues are client-sided (and
actually ask them go seeing their admins and trying to figure out what's
wrong there), my problem being however that I am not completely sure
about this... ;)

Jeanfrancois Arcand schrieb:
> The error page they are seeing if from Apache or the browser itself? I
> really think there is a problem with Apache + mod_proxy.

The error page they then use to see is a browser-based one, right the
kind of error MSIE or Firefox would throw up after i.e. entering an
invalid domain and/or the address of a server which is down.

> I've google the exception and see you did get the same exception with Tomcat, right?
> But since GlassFish uses Tomcat, might still be an issue on our side.

So grizzly also is based upon tomcat? I initially was surprised seeing
the org.apache.... things inside the stack traces. Actually indeed I
tried resolving this issue on the tomcat mailing list but also didn't
get really much further there. I dumped mod_jk on our installment for
various reasons (well, mainly in order to do reverse-proxying more or
less technology-agnostic), but mod_proxy didn't do too much to improve
that. So far I am into building a testbed installment running apache 2.2
(our productive system is 2.0) which I would prefer in the future
because (asides from the usual updates) it provides the mod_proxy
balancing features which I want to make our glassfish clustered; maybe
this also will provide a bit more stability (or at least some more error
information on where problems could eventually be...).

> Let me try to write a debugging patch and see if we can find something from it.
> Ping me if you don't get anything from me tomorrow :-)

Wow, would be great if we could get things resolved this way. Surely
take the time you need, I'll at the very earliest ping you on Monday
when back from weekend. ;)

Cheers & thanks a bunch for your ongoing support, all the best.
Kristian

--
Kristian Rink * http://zimmer428.net * http://flickr.com/photos/z428/
jab: kawazu_at_jabber.ccc.de * icq: 48874445 * fon: ++49 176 2447 2771 "One