users@glassfish.java.net

Re: (mod_jk?) ClientAbortException again.

From: Jeanfrancois Arcand <Jeanfrancois.Arcand_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 11:45:58 -0400

Salut,

Kristian Rink wrote:
> Kristian Rink schrieb:
>> [...]
>>> I've replicated your environment bu wasn't able to reproduce the
>>> problem. But one thing I noticed is the <http-listener
>>> acceptor-threads="5".... let the acceptor-threads value equals to 1.
>>> That property is not well tested and I suspect that could be the issue.
>>> Instead, just increase:
>>>
>>> <request-processing ...thread-count="60"/>
>>>
>>> Let me know what you get.
>>>
>> Changed it, seems to some degree indeed have improved things about this
>> confusing issue, thanks a bunch for pointing me here. :) Sadly however
>> it's not completely resolved yet, still the ClientAbortException does
>> pop up once in a while (well, actually 37 times this very morning
>> between 7:45 and 8:45 ...).
>
> Adding to that, after having it running for a while and talking to some
> customers: In some situations, it seems, the very moment this exception
> is being thrown on our site, the customer does see something like
> "website not found or not available" in their browser... Strange things
> goin' on there... :(

The error page they are seeing if from Apache or the browser itself? I
really think there is a problem with Apache + mod_proxy. I've google the
exception and see you did get the same exception with Tomcat, right? But
since GlassFish uses Tomcat, might still be an issue on our side. Let me
try to write a debugging patch and see if we can find something from it.
Ping me if you don't get anything from me tomorrow :-)

Thanks!

--Jeanfrancois