users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Request feedback on GlassFish v3 Prelude deployment one pager

From: Lloyd Chambers <Lloyd.Chambers_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 04:10:46 -0700

Nazrul,

The strategy for AMX is on the table at this point, at least for V3
final. For Prelude, we could continue as-is (labor required),
presumably so that GUI can work on anything newly added.

My functional spec (not yet published) is to move to a completely
generic AMX which requires no developer effort whatsoever, though
possibly optional features. This really is a key requirement for a
modular, pluggable system.

So yes, the deployment team could add AMX interfaces, but I'm loathe
to extend the existing model should we settle on the generic approach.

Lloyd