users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Request feedback on GlassFish v3 Prelude deployment one pager

From: Nazrul Islam <Nazrul.Islam_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 18:55:06 -0700

glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:
> Please provide us comments/feedback on the proposed deployment features in Glassfish v3 Prelude release.
>
> The deployment one-pager can be found here:
> http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=Deploymentv3PreludeOnePager

Thank you for starting this thread. For application management, here are
some comments:

1) Please clarify the proposed configuration changes to domain.xml.
2) Administration Infrastructure spec does not cover the changes for AMX
(or CLI). Please specify the proposed new AMX interfaces.
3) Will there be an api that will inform clients (GUI, CLI) that certain
changes requires application to be restarted or redeployed? An example
usage would be great.
4) Section 4.1 suggests that we may need re-deployment of applications.
Are we planning to support edit of deployment descriptors also? If it is
only domain.xml configuration, why would you need to redeploy?

--
Nazrul Islam  -  (408) 276-6468  - Sun Microsystems, Inc.