users@glassfish.java.net

Running Java Applications as a back-end batch processes

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 15:15:02 PDT

Hi Everyone,

I am new to Java and Glassfish world. I was wondering if I could run multiple java applications, run them as daemon applications as soon as GlassFish is started. I am from Microsoft world and trying to run back-end processes similar to Microsoft Services. I want to be able to monitor the applications, start them and stop them. My applications should wake up every 30 min and communication with Telecommunication switches, MySQL and MSSQL. I have seen Lifecycle Modules in GlassFish. Can I use them. Please advice.

Thanks,
Amir
[Message sent by forum member 'e3amir' (e3amir)]