users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Sun App Server installation problem

From: Snjezana Sevo-Zenzerovic <Snjezana.Sevo-Zenzerovic_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 14:09:24 -0700

How did you download the distribution file? My German is somewhat flaky,
but this is similar to the issue reported in this thread:

http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=738559&messageID=4239993#4239993

where the name of the downloaded distribution file contained "&File" and
this was interfering with the installation...

If you don't notice anything obviously strange with the distribution
name, try the following: remove folder C:\Sun\AppServer\domains\domain1
if it exists and then open command prompt.

Go to C:\Sun\AppServer\bin and run this command:

asadmin create-domain --user admin --adminport 4848 domain1

When prompted for password, enter the same password you entered in the
installer.

If this command succeeds, you will essentially have working installation
since this is likely the only step which failed in your Java EE SDK
installation. If you still run