users@glassfish.java.net

question about queue-size-in-bytes and max-pending-count

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2008 23:45:27 PDT

Hi,

I got confused about these two settings of Glassfish web container. According to the description of domain.xml
queue-size-in-bytes(4096) - Specifies the number of outstanding connections an http-listener can have
max-pending-count(4096) - Specifies the maximum number of pending connections on an http-listener

Does it mean that the web container can handle 8192 requests at the same time? I have a glance of the source code. It looks like the queue-size-in-bytes is the size of a linked list which stores request threads, and the max-pending-count is the backlog of ServerSocket.

Could somebody please tell me a little more about how these two configurations work? What will happen if I set max-pending-count=1 and leave max-pending-count(4096) or vice versa?

Cheers,
[Message sent by forum member 'jasonw41' (jasonw41)]