users@glassfish.java.net

Simple secure Web service

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2008 07:17:19 PDT

Hello!
I have a problem to make a simple secure Web service. I need a very simple username+password authentification (no ssl etc.)
These are steps that I follow:
1. In Glassfish - Realms - file - new user;
2. In my EJB I added annotations @WebService and @WebMethod.
This is enough to have a non-secured Web service.
What shell I add to bind a method to realm? For example adding @RolesAllowed throws an exception "java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException". Is there an idiot-friendly way to secure it (possibly, without xmls)? Any help will be appreciated.
[Message sent by forum member 'gofri' (gofri)]