users@glassfish.java.net

Re: How to install glassfish without hard coded paths

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 21:18:17 PDT

As far as I'm aware, there's no overall environment variable to set (like, say GLASSFISH_HOME) for the base directory of glassfish.

A while back I experimented with writing a script to go through the glassfish installation to modify the paths to a new location. From memory it was a simple sed script (*) that changed the current path to the new path, and I think this worked. However, my requirements changed and I no longer needed to move the glassfish installation, so I abandoned the work.

You might be able to package something for your clients by using this approach.

[Message sent by forum member 'lazjen' (lazjen)]