users@glassfish.java.net

How to install glassfish without hard coded paths

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 17:24:07 PDT

When we install glassfish v2 on a solaris box, it hard codes the location in a number of scripts and config files. This installation cannot be moved to any other machine or any other folder in the same machine.

Is there any way to instruct the glassfish installation scripts to use some environment variables or pass a config file to control this. We would really want to be able to distribute glassfish without having to run the glassfish installer on our customer machine.
[Message sent by forum member 'mohanvasa' (mohanvasa)]