users@glassfish.java.net

RE: Re: How to find out the actual JNDI name of a EJB 2.1 Compatibility

From: Markus Karg <karg_at_quipsy.de>
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2008 19:46:24 +0200

Sahoo,

thanks for you kind help.

I read the FAQ a second time now as you suggested, but still do not understand why I shall use "#<Your Remote Interface Name>": I neither run a standalone client nor have multiple remote interfaces. I am using ACC client, and have only 1 EJB 2.1 interface and ZERO EJB 3.0 business interfaces. And the FAQ says, only in that cases the hash is needed. So in my case, regardingthe FAQ, the hash is not needed.

Before telling me to read the FAQ a third time, can you please be so kind and tell me where it says that in my case (having EJB 3.0 session bean with ONLY ONE EJB 2.1 remote view looked up from within the client container) I must use the syntax that you are suggesting?

Point "4. If no global JNDI name has been specified, a default global JNDI name will be generated according to the following table :" says that in my case (Bean has 2.x Home: YES, Total No. of EJB 3.0 Remot Business Intf: ZERO, Default: fully-qualified name of Home interface". This is exactly what I did as you can see in the code sample that I have sent to you.

So I do not understand why I must use "#<Your Remote Interface Name>" as you said.

Can you elaborate on that please? :-)

Thanks a lot! :-)
Markus