users@glassfish.java.net

How should I set up java.util.logging and logging.properties in Glassfish?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2008 10:24:11 PDT

I have existing code that i'm porting to Glassfish. I want to use java.util.logging and logging .properties, which works fine in my J2SE app. But i cannot find any information on how to set up this type of logging in Glassfish. Basically, i want to be able to specify an application specific log file name and use my own formatter to format my application's log files. Right now, all i see is my log entries written to the default server.log in default format.

Is it not possible to set up -Djava.util.logging.config.file=my.logging.properties within the Glassfish admin console, and have my.logging.properties somewhere in my EAR file (more precisely in common.jar file)? This works for my standalone app but seemingly not in Glassfish.

thanks,
mick
====
[Message sent by forum member 'minkeybule' (minkeybule)]