users@glassfish.java.net

Glassfish starts, binds to ports but does not respond

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 13:44:45 PDT

I have been dealing with this problem for a few weeks on a development box and have gotten to the point that I question the stability of my setup. I have Glassfish v2ur2 and have the portal-container installed. I have the following deployed on it:

4 portlets
1 web service
1 JMS queue connection factory
1 JMS queue
1 Database resource
1 Database connection pool

From time-to-time, I will shut down and restart glassfish and when it comes back up, all the output (console/logs) appear fine, but you cannot connect to the admin pages or any webapps. I can only connect via jconsole and jconsole reports no deadlocks.

What other information should I look at in order to try and diagnose this problem? I have resorted to deleting the domain directory and untarring a working copy when it hangs to prevent re-installation 2-3 times a day.

Thank you.
[Message sent by forum member 'elihusmails' (elihusmails)]