users@glassfish.java.net

JAAS callback support in AppservPasswordLoginModule

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 13:48:51 PDT

I am trying to get an application that uses the SEAM framework to work on glassfish. I have been looking at the LdapLoginModule, which extends AppservPasswordLoginModule, provided by glassfish since it appears to support groups/roles.

The problem is that SEAM uses the JAAS callback to provide the password to the JAAS login module and the GF AppservPasswordModule ignores the callback. My question is are there any security implications with extending the LoginModule to support the JAAS standard callbacks or should I write a new SEAM Identity to inject the required principal?

If there are no issues with extending the AppservPasswordModule, what would it require to get the next version of this module updated to use the callback so that it could be used without modification?

Thanks,
Chad
[Message sent by forum member 'chadws' (chadws)]