users@glassfish.java.net

Re: JAAS callback support in AppservPasswordLoginModule

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 14:36:44 PDT

In the short term, you could write an intermediate login module that implements authenticateUser, by calling the seam login module with a new callback handler (that you provide), and that handles the UsernameCallback and PaswordCallback, by returning the values set for _username and _password (by the AppservPasswordLoginModule).

we can also look into making pluggable realms more jaas friendly. As you know they use the jaas interfaces in a "special" and yet public way; which we need to honor for backward compatability reasons.

if your focus is authentication in the web tier. you might find it more effective to implement a jsr 196 server auth module according to the servlet profile of jsr 196. Such modules have complete control (and responsibility for) the message authentication dialog, and jsr 196 defines a login bridge profile, that describes how a server auth module can interact with a jaas login module. The 196 standard provides callbacks for returning groups and the caller principal to the container.

Ron

http://blogs.sun.com/enterprisetechtips/entry/adding_authentication_mechanisms_to_the
[Message sent by forum member 'monzillo' (monzillo)]