users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish starts, binds to ports but does not respond

From: Chris Fleischmann <Chris.Fleischmann_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 07:56:02 +1000

There might be no deadlocks, but there could be a "hanging" situation
where one thread (or a bunch of them) is waiting for another to finish?

The types of things I'd look in to:

1/ Do you have a LB or a Firewall between GF and your Database?

2/ Run jstack <PID> where PID is the Application Server process id, and
jstack is a executable under your <JDK>/bin directory

Repeat step 2 after 10 seconds and send back to the user forum the two
jstack outputs.

Cheers,

Chris