users@glassfish.java.net

Re: JACC Provider can't check security for itself

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 09:37:41 PDT

I know you're not necessarily a WAS expert, but given your familiarity with JACC I was wondering if you could clear something up for me.

According to section 3.1, "the getPolicyConfigurationFactory method must be used in every JRE to which the components of the application or module are being deployed to find or instantiate PolicyConfigurationFactory objects."

When I use my JACC implementation in GF, this method is invoked 26 times during startup.

When I use my JACC implementation in WAS, this method is invoked 0 times during startup.

I'm not sure what I'm missing here. Isn't WAS required to call my getPolicyConfigurationPolicy method once my implementation has been configured as the JACC provider?

Something seems broken, but I can't see why it works under GF and not under WAS.

Any thoughts?
[Message sent by forum member 'brian_of_fortent' (brian_of_fortent)]