users@glassfish.java.net

Re: JACC Provider can't check security for itself

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 08:17:14 PDT

> According to section 3.1, "The getPolicyConfiguration
> method of the factories must be used to find or
> instantiate PolicyConfiguration objects corresponding
> to the application or modules being deployed."
>
> When I use my JACC implementation in GF, this method
> is invoked 26 times during startup.
> When I use my JACC implementation in WAS, this method
> is invoked 0 times during startup.

WAS may have some additional steps needed to enable jacc.

I found the following for was 6.0.x.
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wasinfo/v6r0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.websphere.express.doc/info/exp/ae/csec_jaccsupport.html

> I'm not sure what I'm missing here.
>
> Isn't WAS required to call my getPolicyConfiguration
> method once my implementation has been configured as
> the JACC provider?

yes

> Something seems broken, but I can't see why it works
> under GF and not under WAS.
>
> Any thoughts?

if you get to the point where you think there is a compatability problem,
let me know, and I can pass it on to the tck team.

Ron
[Message sent by forum member 'monzillo' (monzillo)]