users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Java.lang.NPE when publishing simp JSP using GlassFish JavaEE 5 SJSAS P

From: Ludovic Champenois <Ludovic.Champenois_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 13:44:15 -0700

glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:
> Thank you for your assistance and for the google and eclispezone links. The hits displayed there seem to have to do with installing and running Eclipse in Vista, which I have had no problem with.
>
> I am running Vista on a new Dell 2 duo core laptop. The machine runs great and I have had no problem installing Eclipse on it. As a matter of fact I have uninstalled and installed Eclipse on this machine several times without incident. I have also downloaded and installed the WTP package without any problems.

Downloading WTP and installing it 'by hand' might be the source of all
your issues. (second download link from http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/)
Please, download the single bunlde of Eclipse for Java EE developer that
contains WTP (and more). On this bundle installer, there is no issue
with GlassFish.
Asl, re the NPE, you did not send it. You can also view the Eclipse log
file for more information.

Ludo