users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Java.lang.NPE when publishing simp JSP using GlassFish JavaEE 5 SJSAS P

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 11:27:50 PDT

Thank you for your assistance and for the google and eclispezone links. The hits displayed there seem to have to do with installing and running Eclipse in Vista, which I have had no problem with.

I am running Vista on a new Dell 2 duo core laptop. The machine runs great and I have had no problem installing Eclipse on it. As a matter of fact I have uninstalled and installed Eclipse on this machine several times without incident. I have also downloaded and installed the WTP package without any problems.

I have installed Eclipse in c:\program files\eclipse.

If the plugin you are referring to n your last question is the GF plugin, then yes, it appeared to have installed correctly (I received no errors from the install process, from Eclipse, or from Vista), however I cannot say that it operates correctly, as that is is my issue: after Eclipse restarts, the GF category does not appear in the "New Server" wizard.

Given that I was able to install and run Eclipse without incident on my Vista machine, do you still feel that the problem I am having with the plugin has to do with Vista? Is it OK to have installed Eclipse in c:\Program Files\Eclipse?

Thank you vbk and thanks to all for your assistance.
Gary
[Message sent by forum member 'gmarshall56' (gmarshall56)]